June 17, 1937: "A spike camp of CCC boys from the Hackamore Camp has been established at the camp ground on Willow Creek, about 15 miles south of Adin in charge of R.B. Sherman. The boys will be engaged in building a road from Hayden Hill to the Lookout Station at Boyd Mountain. They will also build the Forest Service Telephone Line to connect up this station with the rest of the system. G.M. Johnson will be stationed at Boyd Mountain as guard this summer. There are about 35 boys in the Spike Camp." (Weekly Adin Argus)
November 3, 1944: "O-Plans-Master- Project Work Budget Name of Station - Boyd Hill Lookout Fireman. Type of Building - Lookout observation unit with living quarters underneath. Other buildings and utilities - 1. Garage - 1 car, with tool and fuel storage. 2. Windcharger. 3. Water storage. 4. Latrine. Remarks - None." (From Acting Forest Supervisor, Modoc to Regional Forester)
1946: During the period of 1942 through 1946 this lookout made only 2 first discoveries.
1947: "Boyd Hill is just not paying its way as a detection point on the Modoc Forest. It contributes very little added value to State and Lassen protection areas. The possibility of moving the Boyd Hill Detection facilities to Mahogany Ridge should be seriously considered. The Boyd Hill Detection Station should be replaced with a fire crew setup." (Review of the 1947 fire season)
August 11, 1977: "Two smaller fires converged to make one large fire, tagged as the Gerig fire. A lightning strike at Meyers Flat and one at Gerig Springs merged together creating one large fire in the Boyd Hill and Hayden Hill vicinity near Bieber. The fire threatened to burn the Boyd Hill Lookout; however, fire fighters were able to avert the blaze before damage was done to the lookout." (The InterMountain News)