June 28, 1962: "Construction of a new lookout at Lexington Hill was announced this week by Forest Supervisor William A. Peterson. The new lookout replaces an old structure which was built in 1933 and is part of the basic fire detection network of the Plumas National Forest. The lookout provides detection coverage to approximately 50,000 acres of land in the Plumas and Tahoe National Forests and on State and private lands. During the period from 1949 to 1959, 36 first discoveries of fires were made by this station. Lexington Hill lookout is situated approximately two miles from the historic mining town of La Porte, some 48 miles northeast of Oroville." (Indian Valley Record)
May 23, 1974: "Lexington Hill Lookout provides a good view of Little Grass Valley Reservoir and an opportunity to learn about the job of a fire lookout. Lookout is about 2 miles west of LaPorte." (Feather River Bulletin)
1983: The 20-foot steel tower and cab were dismantled and moved to Pike County Peak where it was re-erected.
National Geodetic Survey
DESIGNATION - LEXINGTON HILL LOOKOUT 1949 PID - KS1582 STATE/COUNTY- CA/PLUMAS COUNTRY - US USGS QUAD - AMERICAN HOUSE (1994)
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949 (WRH) THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE SUMMIT OF LEXINGTON HILL. THE LEXINGTON HILL LOOKOUT TOWER IS ON THE SAME SUMMIT AND ON SLIGHTLY HIGHER GROUND. IT IS ABOUT 18 MILES AIRLINE SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF QUINCY, ABOUT 18 MILES AIRLINE NORTHWEST OF DOWNIEVILLE, AND ABOUT 1.5 MILES AIRLINE WEST-SOUTHWEST OF LA PORTE
THE LEXINGTON HILL LOOKOUT TOWER IS 14 FEET SQUARE AND 26 FEET HIGH. THE OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING IS PAINTED BROWN. THE CENTER OF THE BASE OF THE TOWER WILL SERVE AS THE SUBSTITUTE STATION AND IS 1.8 METERS HIGHER THAN THE STATION.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE IN LA PORTE GO SOUTH ON THE MAIN TRAVELED ROAD AS PER SIGNS MARYSVILLE FOR 1.4 MILES TO A FORK. TAKE THE SIDE ROAD TO THE RIGHT AS PER SIGN LEXINGTON HILL L.O. 1-1/2 AND GO 0.6 MILE TO A FORK. TAKE THE LEFT FORK AND GO 0.4 MILE TO THE LEXINGTON HILL LOOKOUT TOWER AND THE STATION AS DESCRIBED.