January 23, 1935: "The completion of the Cuyama peak lookout telephone line as a detachment project was commended by Francis Evans, district telephone superintendent, in his statement that the crew had made good time in finishing four-and-three-quarters miles of line as a three weeks' job. Working under direction of Paul Lutz, telephone foreman, the crew strung 26,080 feet of wire, closing the gap between Cuyama ranger station and the peak." (The Daily Times)
May 19, 1939: "Frequent lightning storms, which threaten to set fire to rapidly drying mountain vegetation, prompted Supervisor S.A. Nash-Boulden of Los Padre National Forest, to order opening of the lookout station on Cuyama district. This is the first lookout opened for the season." (Santa Maria Times)
December 2012: The cab failed structurally and collapsed.