Modoc National Forest / California Department of Forestry 37N-10E-31
1912: Site was approved for administrative use.
June 30, 1915: "In traveling to Adin you will do well to stop at the famous old mining camp at Hayden Hill and look over the country from the Forest Service lookout peak at this point." (New Era - Alturas)
July 13, 1923: "The next day Susanville was reached via Adin and a visit paid to the new lookout house on Hayden Hill." (California District News Letter)
July 1, 1943: "Reuban Lane is suffering with an attack of mumps. His wife is taking care of him at the Lookout Station at Hayden Hill." (Weekly Adin Argus)
1946: During the period of 1942 through 1946 this lookout made 13 first discoveries.
March 19, 1991: "The supervisors last week approved a request from museum board member Carl Parks to relocate the Hayden Hill fire lookout tower from its present site to the Bieber Museum grounds. The 2-story tower has been declared a historical site, according to Parks, even while it remains in operation. To preserve this piece of the county's past, the museum plans to relocate the tower and protect it inside a 6-foot high chain link fence enclosure. Amax Gold, whose Lassen Gold Mining subsidiary is currently in the midst of developing the Hayden Hill area, will take care of the actual dismantling, relocating, and reassembling of the tower. Before that can take place, however, a new tower must be built and made operational, since there cannot by law be a lapse in coverage of the area. According to company spokesperson Luann Johnson, construction of the new tower will begin as soon as necessary permits are secured. The supervisors unanimously approved Parks' request to relocate the tower." (Lassen County Times)