August 1, 1928: "Offield Mt. Lookout, Steve Robinson, where it was noted that new stovepipe was needed and putty for the windows. The cab needs painting and lumber should be bought to complete the catwalk and railing. The Lookout map was checked for orientation by making readings on mirror flashes from Baldy Mt. and Orleans Mt. The trail crew has cut the trees from around the lookout for better visibility. Lightning protection was absent on the telephone line." (Chronological History of the Klamath National Forest, Vol. III, 1921-1930)
November 20, 1933: "Morford moved to Orleans CCC Camp and with 5 man crew packed into Offield Lookout and camped in the old building while finishing the new tower and cab. Spent Thanksgiving on the job." (Chronological History of the Klamath National Forest, Vol. IV, 1931-1940)
July 25, 1935: The road to Offield Lookout and Camp 3 is now completed." (Chronological History of the Klamath National Forest, Vol. IV, 1931-1940)
1942: The Aircraft Warning Service used the Lookout station as an observation post during the winter months.